<VV> Carpet Instalation

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Apr 12 23:35:53 EDT 2006

    From: "Lonny Clark"
Subject: Re: carpet installation tip
On 4/8/06, Marc Sheridan wrote:
-------------------snip-------------------
> They put bolts in the floor where they needed holes in the carpet. Then
> they
> positioned the carpet in the car, found the bolts under the carpet, then
> made and "X" cut with a razor blade on top of the bolt so the bolt would
> slip through the carpet. Pretty slick, huh?
  Smitty says:  May I strongly suggest that you don't cut or drill any holes in the carpet, but instead, melt them in with an electric soldering iron.  Leaves a nice plastic ring around the hole with no fibers to get hung up on a bolt or screw.  All you need is one tiny fiber to get wrapped around a screw and it will pull a run in the carpet before you see it and you will have to live with it forever.