<VV> RE: What are the odds?

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 16 02:41:15 EDT 2006

To answer a couple of questions...this is what it will
have before I leave, and what it already has now.(the
only thing i don't have now is tires and exhaust)

new clutch disc,
new lube in trans/diff. (Valvoline HP 80W-90 GL-5)
a complete engine flush.
COMPLETELY new brakes(with a nice dual master cylinder
conversion)
reconditioned and painted fan
seth plug wires, along with Bosch super plugs, and all
new other stuff pertaining to ignition...
new main and engine compartment harness
new heavy duty u-joints-held on with retainers with
new GR-8 bolts
new tires
new exhaust
NO lower shrouds (yes to the cylinder baffles though)
Rebuilt Balancer
New 73 Amp alt
good used pulley (across from alt)
quiet, lubed fan bearing
new strut rod bolts
new shocks
Rebuilt carburetors
new battery and wires
Bolted flywheel
cleaned starter with new solenoid
Serrated oil pan bolts
New Stabilizer bar bushings(held in with new GR-8
bolts and lockwashers)

Then a finished interior, new headlamps...new blikner
lights...all that good stuff.

So it's up to the inside of the engine really.  what
kind of shape the pistons are in, what kind of shape
the valve seats are (I dunno, almost 20 years with no
heat cycles....thats a good thing, I would think.),
and of course the main bearings, etc.

So there ya go...

hehe

Ryan V.