<VV> Mortal Coil

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 19 15:56:21 EDT 2006

Uhhh......this is embarrassing.....all those years ago when I put the sedan
together, the 18P wire at the engine harness disconnect did NOT provide 12V
when cranking, so I did the "relay" thing that I previously described.
Bob Helt sent me an off-line e-mail that motivated me to do some more
investigating, so I checked for the appropriate bvoltages and couldn't
reconcile what Bob told me. I then pulled the ignition
switch and replaced it with another. Lo and behold, the 18P wire now has 12V
during cranking as well as during "run". So, for all this time I've had a
failed ignition switch and
didn't know it. The relay was a fix for a problem I didn't know I had. Live
and learn!
Sorry I confused everyone. I admit to terminal stupidity on this one. Mea
Culpa

Go ahead and connect the Pert +ve to the 18P (or whatever your color code
is) at the engine harness disconnect.

Andy (gonna rip out the relay) Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone