<VV> Bad Karma Award

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 20:41:58 EDT 2006

Hi Ray!

  Go to the NECC site:

  http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/

  Click on Track Dates and Registration, which will tell about the Pocono event.

  The NECC sets up several Corvair track events each year, usually including an event near the CORSA convention (close physically and date-wise).  They welcome drivers of ALL skill levels, and all sorts of Corvairs (from bone-stock to full competition).  They have loaner helmets if you need one.  The car has to pass a safety inspection at the track (ball joints, brakes work, hard-harder test to be sure your brake lines aren't ready to blow, battery secured, etc.).  The only significant special equipment needed for a stock car is a tethered harness. Info is on the web site.

  You can come watch for free.  If you want to drive, you have to register.  Usually costs around $250.  I have a bone-stock 1962 Monza coupe with 185x85R-13 street tires.  I have attended about 4 events, and have an absolute blast every time.  Because you run in classes based on the car, you are competing against similar cars.  I have won my class more than once.  It is not "wheel to wheel" racing, but "Time trials" so during the competition there is only one car on the track at a time (or 2 cars at opposite ends of the track).  Sadly I will not be able to run one of these events soon, but I very highly recommend it!!  These guys do a great job!

  -----------------------
  Can I get info on this "run at pocono" bit, I live only a half hour
from
Pocono Raceway and would LOVE the opportunity to drive one of my cars
on the
track  (next year if not this year).  I would also be happy to attend
and
socialize with others who are doing this.
  I know nothing so whoever has the time and energy please give me the
whole
rundown on what Bob is referring to here if you please =)
  Thanks!!
  Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA <brand new member
66 500 coupe/pg
65 Corsa 140/4

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on