<VV> Taking Time to Share 'Vairs

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 11:48:13 EDT 2006

> Thanks for taking the time to show him around.  This "one on one"
> activity is the BEST way to interest (or re-interest) folks to the
> Vair world.

Hello, all,
     I must agree completely with JR's comments about the importance of
"one on one".  I have been in love with 'Vairs since '65, but only
recently had the opportunity to actually own one.  Since then, I've
been amazed at the interest and positive comments the car has
generated.  Interestingly enough, it's been about equal between people
who "had one years ago", and people who think it's a "neat car" but
they have no idea what it is.  Even young teenagers, who are clueless
about what or how old it is, often respond with a thumbs-up or a "nice
car!" comment.
     At a recent local car show, I spent the whole day talking with
people who came to look.  Most were amazed to find that my car's over
40 years old, and that Chevy built 1.8 million of them.  One fellow
even said that he'd vote for my car (in the people's choice) because I
was "the only owner who spent time to talk with" him.  I just love
educating people about Corvairs and what great cars they are.  I'm glad
to know that I'm not the only one who does this.  Keep it up!
     Phil Raker