<VV> Originality

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Aug 1 17:26:10 EDT 2006

>Ha-ha! I'll see about a photo. Its just a battery with a AC Delco sticker
>on the side and a warning label on top! Back in the Day, the "AC Delco"
>was molded into the side.

This is the reason I stopped judging: too many people fanatical about the
rong things. The battery numbering scheme is just one instance, back in the
day, the "AC Delco" was molded into the side.

For example spark plug wires: before 1973 Delco-Packard plug wires were
embossed, not silkscreened. In the '60s original tires did not have FMVSS
legends on the side yet new tires that look like the ones that "were not
even safe in the driveway" are popular for restorations.

Personally, I prefer my old cars to have modern features like electronic
ignitions and synthetic oils. Someday I may even fit EFI, and a multispeed
automatic gearbox (CVT would be better). You never know.

Padgett