<VV> Buffalo Convention Report

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Aug 1 21:10:33 EDT 2006

Tony, if you know of a hotel that's got a lot big enough for an
autocross anywhere this side of I-81, please let me know, I can't find
such a place.  I replied privately to Hank already - Northern Virginia
is anywhere north of Fredericksburg and east of Front Royal (we have
members in both places).  Nobody should construe me as suggesting a
Vair Fair near the beltway.  Current candidates are Manassass and
Leesburg.  When I say there aren't any hotels that could host an
autocross, I really mean there aren't any.  At all.  Anywhere.
Probably not at any price.  An autocross will be off site, if it
happens at all, since suitable lots are hard to come by when you can
put up 3/4 million dollar McMansions instead.

My (far too subtle) point was that if nobody wants an autocross if it's
not adjacent to the hotel, then you can pretty well forget having one.

And we'll be having a welcome dinner this time too :-)

--Bryan