<VV> 80hp cam into a 102hp?

David Fasgold dfasgold at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 23:06:30 EDT 2006

I just picked up a running 102hp engine for the 63 convertible that I'm  fixing up. So far, the engine looks to be in pretty good condition, but  I did notice quite a bit of wear on one of the cam lobes, so I'm taking  the whole thing apart for an economical rebuild.

  I'm trying to think of fuel economy, so I'm keeping the 3-spd/3.27  combo that was in the car. But I've also owned a car with a 102 and  3.27 before, and I know how terrible the low-end is. I have an 80hp  cam, and I was wondering how well this would work. I'm also considering  stacking the base gaskets to lower the compression slightly.

  I'm guessing that the answer here depends on how I will use the  car--which will be for weekly driving and cruising around, no racing.
  David