<VV> Seat track extenders

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Wed Aug 2 16:58:31 EDT 2006

After a day's worth of research and a bunch of emails I think I can make
some of these extenders.  I have made some progress on pricing and the one
part I am having trouble with are the spacers, of which each set uses two.
These have to be big enough to accept a 5/16 bolt and I think they were
about 3/4 inch long.  Any suggestions as to a source would be appreciated.

Based on responses so far I think I can easily sell 20 sets, plus the four I
want for me.  I think I am going to make a run of about 40 sets, if I do
this.  If I have some extras they will go on eBay.

I am thinking the price will be $20 each plus $5 shipping, if the rest of
the costs come in where I expect them to.  I would expect to be able to
start shipping these in about a month and would accept payment through
PayPal.  All the bolts will be cad plated GR8 because I like them.  These
will get a three stage paint job; two coats of a rust converting primer, two
coats of zinc primer, and a top coat of semi-gloss black. I have to
emphasize that pricing is still tentative because I am waiting on some
estimates.

This is considerably cheaper than the Clark's setup, which is $65.  Their
price is probably reasonable because they have more overhead and have to
make a profit.  My goal here is only to cover the cost of the four sets I
want to make for me and pay for two hotel nights at the Detroit Homecoming.
I am not planning on trying to put Cal out of business.

One other question I did have is that I have a copy of the Fitch instruction
sheet.  Does anyone know who owns the intellectual property rights to that?
I will make my own instructions, but I would like to give out copies of
these just for historical purposes.

Norm