<VV> windshield wiper posts orientation...

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 2 17:10:52 EDT 2006

I think I'm screwed.
  I took off the valance panel, I think that's what it's called, the
one behind the trunk lid.
The trouble as I posted before as a suspicion is that the passenger
side wiper post is half sunk into the valance panel. The mount the
the wiper posts are on is welded to the underside or the back side of
the wall that the dash welds to. My guess is that the paint shop put
the lower windshield rail in and never made sure that the angle is
correct. The difference could be as little as 1/8" to high and then
the wiper arm would rub against the paint. BTW taking that panel off
without scratching the new paint was nerve wracking!  ;op

The wiper posts are bolted to the underside of the mounts. Those of
course can't be moved. I don't think I could move the the wiper post
to the top of the mount because either the post unit might hit the
bottom of the valance panel or the connecting arm that connects the
unit to the wiper motor would have interference with the wiper post
mount.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cash Case
cash.case at sbcglobal.net