<VV> Headbanging/sitting/leg update<humor-some corvair>

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Aug 3 08:14:20 EDT 2006

Ken,
That's my typical method of getting into the cars... but these feet of mine
are just a little bit too big for some car doors... I wear a 16, usually my
work  boots (they're actually more comfortable than my sneakers)... newer cars
are even more impossible to extract myself from..... the Greenbriers are  the
only things I have that I could climb into feet first.... well, FOOT  first.

As for the leg, I believe it's healing nicely... the church youth group  went
to a local (2 hour drive) amusement park last week... Holiday World in  Santa
Claus, Indiana.... that's the CLEANEST park I've ever seen... oldest one  in
the USA, they say... I rode the log ride and the "raging rapids" round thing
with some of the kids... had a blast, got soaked, and then I sat and "people
watched" the rest of the day... by the time to leave my leg was swollen so
much  I ended up sleeping in the recliner with my boot still on-couldn't take it
off  due to the swelling....  it was down by the next morning... needless to
say  I did absolutely nothing the next day.

The swelling is a common occurrence, but not usually that severe... and the
pain is there first thing in the morning (more likely caused by stiffness) but
 it works itself out in a matter of minutes... then by 3 or 4 (depending on
my  activity level) it's starting to hurt with each step... so I just take it
easy  from there on out... I do my stretching exercises in the morning, just
trying to  keep from tearing my Achilles tendon...

I'm still walking with a cane, but it sure beats the hell out of those
crutches...
So, tell me, how's Mrs. Penny doing with her arm? Let her know that Cheryl
and I are thinking of her, and pray she's on the road to recovery...

I'm waiting for the heatwave to break before I do much Corvair work... it
got up to 98 here at the house, and with the humidity it felt closer to 110...
I'm trying to get the 61 'brier up and running, since she's been sitting for
over 2 years... I stopped driving her due to a miss on #1... at least now I
have  the mobility to work on her... I think I have everything needed to do a
head  swap, so no money will be involved... I'm still trying to save up a little
so I  can get a replacement rear wheel bearing for the 64 700.... the 69
needs springs  all around (some PO put different springs in all 4 corners... the
ones on the  left are smaller diameter steel than the ones on the right! Go
figure!)...

So there you have it... I'm still not back to work yet, but at least the
bills are mostly paid up... time to sell some more stuff on eBay.
:-)
Take care,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg