<VV> Vintage Auto Insurance

Rodney Spooner corvairenterprises at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 16:16:42 EDT 2006

Corvairs are vintage automobiles. None antique yet...but soon. The Amazing Corvair's Glorious 50th Golden Anniversary is October 2, 2009.

  If your corvair is simply a daily driver start by checking with your current auto/homeowners insurance company. I've never had any problem getting coverage for my Corvairs through State Farm. My 19 year old son drives a 1963 Greenbrier and is currently insured through Progressive. He carries highest liability but $0 collision.

  If your Corvair is a show piece, then check with Automobile Association of America (AAA). They just started offering vintage auto insurance. At least in southern California.

  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  There's lots of talk among CORSA members about how to
involve young people in the hobby, but one major
obstacle: the difficulty in getting car insurance. We
currently have agreed-value antique car insurance
through Grundy. It's a great deal, but they won't
allow any drivers under 25. I've been poking around on
line and see similar policies with JC Taylor and
others. I just e-mailed a question to Hagerty, since
their web site made them seem a little more open, and
I'm curious to see what their response is. We'd like
our 22-year-old son to be able to drive our Corvair,
but in addition to being young, he was involved in an
at-fault accident several years ago.  Is there any
hope?  Do any of you have suggestions for companies
that might be less strict, yet still offer the good
rates of antique coverage?

Thanks,

Celia Raia

  ###