<VV> Help: How Do I Unstick My Odometer

Tom in Baltimore 62monza_coupe at verizon.net
Thu Aug 3 18:26:53 EDT 2006

VERY disappointed that I missed the convention. I was busy getting my daughter's '61 Monza on the road. My daily driver Mazda's tranny died, so her car was easier/cheaper/quicker to get on the road. Anyway, on to my question. When I got the car, the speedo cable was broken. I've since replaced it and the odometer does not move. It is stuck at 19945.9. How can I weasel a wire or otherwise access the odometer and un-stick it?

While on the subject/area of odometer. The speedometer is quite erratic, especially at speeds over 50 MPH. Is this going to settle down with use, or am I destined to remove and clean or replace?

One final question. What should I use to clean mildew off of the black headliner?

Tom in Baltimore
'63 Monza Club Coupe (my new toy)
'61 Monza Club Coupe (Ariel's new toy) This car is blogging at http://61corvair.blogspot.com
'64 Monza Convertible (Brianna's toy) Read her story at http://www.geocities.com/briannas_vair_vert