<VV> Valve stem

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Aug 4 09:43:45 EDT 2006

> I assume you're looking for the hole size the stem fits? 0.453" is the
> standard size.

Have always wondered where such an oddball size - 29/64" - came from.
Also love the idea of 3 digit accuracy for a rubber part..

Padgett

I've always assumed it began as metric (11.5mm) since we know that the
valve stems threads were one of the few automotive items that were
standardized worldwide on metric by the time our cars were made. But
honestly I have no idea...

Bill