<VV> valve stem diameter?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Aug 4 12:54:35 EDT 2006

At 06:46 hours 08/03/2006, vairdan at localnet.com wrote:

>  Never Assume. I thought he was asking for the head valve stem
>diameter, so that he could get a ream when he puts in the new valve
>guides. I don't remember the answer for that, however I know it
>wasn't a standard SAE dim. fortunately NASA machine shop had a tool
>grinder and an old timer that could resize the ream.

Here's where I get to be obnoxious and "worldly"... ;)

The valve in the cylinder head is a poppet valve.   The valve in the
wheel rim is a schrader valve.

...why do I know this useless bit of trivia...?   I'd do more good
allocating the gray matter towards remembering to shave before
leaving the house this morning.

   tony..   stubbly