<VV> Our WONDERFUL Vendors

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Aug 4 16:25:54 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
I just had a "Miracle on 34th Street" experience this afternoon.... and I
gotta tell ya, it truly shows character.
I called Uncle Lonald looking for a speedometer cable for the 69 Monza...
much to my chagrin he said "Alas my friend, I've stopped carrying that item due
to a design defect... but I think I know where you can get one..."
At that moment the lovable Lon Wall turned into the lovable Edmund  Gwenn as
the character of Chris Kringle, Macy employee dressed as Santa  Claus....
Macy's didn't have it, so he sent me to Gimbles Department  Store...
Uncle Lonald didn't have to point me to the east coast... no sir.... he
could have left me out in the heat, looking, and maybe buying a cable with the
"inferior design"... but he said "Try Uncle Cal, and make sure it's the  "new &
improved" version.... the old design just isn't worth the  trouble...."
Well, I'll have it about the middle of next week....
Thanks to Clarks for having what I needed, and even more thanks to Lon Wall
for being more than just a businessman, but for also being a friend... a
friend  of great character!
Now, to get back outside and put that front wheel back on... (I just HAD to
make sure it was the cable, and not the cap... and since it has those 14 inch
aftermarket wheels, I had to remove it...)
;-)
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg