<VV> Question about early trunk hinges

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 4 21:22:45 EDT 2006

Good evening....

I took the front trunk hinges out of my 62 Monza Sedan to blast them and paint them and also wanted them out of the way while I cleaned and painted the trunk. Well....you guessed it. I forgot which one is which.
Placing the hinges in front of me as if I were looking at them from the front of the car, I see an obvious difference. They both have square holes cut in the arm about 2" below the pivot pin holes. However, one has the hole on the left side of the arm and the other has the hole on the right side of the arm. Can someone tell me which is which? I used to remember stuff that this, or if I was unsure, I would mark it. This "oldtimers disease" is driving me nuts..
Thanks in advance!

Bob Johnston
Frostbite Falls, MN
CORSA since 72.