<VV> Tunnel fuel lines

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 6 00:56:19 EDT 2006

Hey Tony, When I restored Darth Vair everything was new EXCEPT the
steel gas line inside the tunnel. This caused problems even though it
was blown out with compressed air  and was clear. The problem arises
from the fact that this line is the lowest part of the fuel delivery
system and as such all residue and debris will settle in it and when
dry it adheres to the line. When the fuel is once again present it
will re-dissolve all the contaminants and they will first fill the
inline filter or if fine enough will clog the gold stone filters at
the carb inlets. Since you mentioned that these were brown in your
carbs, I suspect you have the same issues that plague many Corvair
owners who haven't replaced the tunnel gas line.

Chuck Armer

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD