<VV> Convention--Hotel

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sun Aug 6 14:30:19 EDT 2006

Thanks for the fill-in on hotel selection, Harry. Sounds reasonable to
me.

I too liked having all the Corvairs in (mostly) one area, or in this
case, one floor of the parking garage. It was also good that the garage
was big enough to accomodate that arrangement. And while artificial
lighting wasn't all that good, at least it was open on two sides so
natural lighting was "somewhat" available. Plus, there was a roof
overhead, which is a big plus when the rains hit.

It was also good to have the (mostly) new parts vendors, hospitality,
and meeting rooms in the same area. Though some of the meetings and tech
sessions were off to one obscure side on the "second" floor from the
vendor and hospitality area.

But the welcome party is another matter. Interesting location, but as I
posted before, the directions to same were minimal if nonexistant. I
only found it by blindly following a couple wearing Corvair regalia, who
soon turned back. But then I followed somebody else farther up. Like I
said in the earlier post, maps and directions were the pits. What
happened??? Hope future conventions take note! PLEASE MAKE MAPS AND
*ACCURATE* DIRECTIONS TO ALL OFF-SITE EVENTS PLENTIFUL AND WIDELY
AVAILABLE!! And not just to *only* participants registered to that
specific event. (I had to resort to my AAA map in order to find the
concours, as nothing I could scrounge up had any indication as to where
the park was, let alone directions to same. And I was supposed to be a
judge!)

-Mark