<VV> Re: Car Display

Bill Wells brierpath at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 17:26:39 EDT 2006

Dave,

  I belong to a club that has had a bunch of Cole Award winners. A few have trailered their cars, but most have driven to the convention, put the vehicle on jack stands and started cleaning. They also had to enter every event to remain in the Cole competition.
  This year I caravanned with with another Greenbrier that traveled the 1400 some odd miles right alongside my van and that Greenbrier scored over 97 points in the concours. I helped him clean and all he had was a floor jack and two jack stands.
  If your vehicle is as perfect as you can make it before the trip and you don't go off-road, it is not a horrible task to get it ready for the concours.

  Bill Wells

  "It's not about being, or not being, competitive, it's about spending
the
time and effort to detail the undercarriage after having driven the car
several hundred miles.  I would need a lift to do it right.  The
topsides are a different story.

Also, People's Choice is not competition as I define it.  It's about
someone voting for you and/or your car.

Dave Keillor"