<VV> Car Display

John Beck jb30343 at navix.net
Mon Aug 7 23:58:43 EDT 2006

The added point for driven cars is aimed at addressing this.  IMO, there
are some problems with the way that point (or fraction) is earned but
the basic idea is sound.  It's a little recognition for cars that the
owners feel are roadworthy enough that they can be driven a significant
distance to the convention.  And, it's a little compensation for the
dirt picked up along the way.

The three problems with the driving point are:
 1) It should be a deduction rather than a bonus.
 2) It's unfair to race prepared cars that aren't street legal.
 3) It's unfair for local cars that might only be driven a few miles.

All three could easily be fixed.  No need for a separate event.  --J.B.