<VV> Concours Gold

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Tue Aug 8 01:44:44 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/7/2006 10:02:08 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
vairologist at verizon.net writes:

Has  anybody said to himself or others, "when is this D***  thing going to be
 over?

I agree that the concours awards seem to take forever. I believe that the
reason is to publicly recognize all of the crazies that entered the event. I
think that if you are crazy enough to spend hours detailing your car to be
judged and drooled over by the rest of us, you deserve a trophy. My idea would  be
to just hand out the Gold trophies at the banquet. Read off the others names,
 their scores, and maybe a photo of their car, but give them their trophies
after  the banquet.

I judged at Carlisle and had a great time. I was part of the undercarriage
team and judged the senior cars. You want to talk about some nice cars. I
highly  recommend judging to everyone. I also judged and entered my coupe in the
concours at our local event last year. I detailed the car more than I would
have  for a "show and shine" but didn't go crazy. I was floored by my score, 96
or  something like that. I was also surprised by what the judges missed :^).
After  all, I've spent hours working on the car while the judges only get 5
minutes.  I'll be entering the sedan in the concours in Tulsa this year. I will
also enter  that car in concours in Detroit next year after I drive it there. I
just want to  have some fun and learn what others think about my car, in
detail.

Ned