<VV> local parts stores

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Tue Aug 8 10:29:02 EDT 2006

It would be worth hearing from Lon and Cal on this, but I suspect that they
don't want to be wholesalers.  Any of the retail outlets you mentioned would
have to be able to buy at a wholesale rate, but the distribution chain
through our major vendors is so established, that Clarks and Underground
probably would not get enough volume to justify a significant wholesale
discount, and any business that they did get would simply scavenge sales
from their current customer base.  The net result is that they would have to
recover the decrease in revenue through higher retail prices for their
direct customers.

In short, the reason that parts aren't readily available through traditional
venues is that our alternatives are just so much better that there's no
demand through those traditional sources.

Norm Witte