<VV> Concourse Ultras?

Ken Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Tue Aug 8 14:21:19 EDT 2006

At 11:59 AM 8/8/2006, James Davis wrote:
>Paul Piche has concoursed Ultra Van #389 several times   It usually scores
>in the high 70's.  Jack stands aren't necessary as stock Ultra Van have
>9.25 inches ground clearance and the bottom is completely covered in belly
>pans and tanks except for the front suspension (the steering crosslink is
>enclosed) and the rear engine and suspension.
>By the way, try eating and sleeping in your car the night before the
>concourse to try and make things equal.
>Jim Davis

I'm all for it, but I think those guys are right.  So, I want a Concours
class for vehicles in which you are required to prepare a full meal the
night before the Concours, and judging only from rocker panel to roof drip
edge.  Nothing to be judged that can't be reached from the ground with a
wash sponge.  Point deductions for lack of A/C, generator, or microwave
oven.  And beds must be made.

I'm starting to feel real competitive.

Ken