<VV> RE: New guy/Convention

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Tue Aug 8 14:58:52 EDT 2006

Luke,
Welcome to the world of Corvairs, and no intrusion with your comments, they
are more than welcome, liveliest I've seen this forum in awhile!
In reply though, I must note that the complainers are not the
do'ers.......they never are! And when a complainer infiltrates the do'ers,
he upsets the status quo, and things don't get done either.
Just my experience...........here and elsewhere.
Gary Swiatowy

 From: "Luke Duddridge" <LCDuddridge at hotmail.com>

Hello All,

I'm new to the world of the Corvair.  I just bought my first a couple of
weeks ago.  Well, actually it's my second but that's a story for another
day.  I joined into VV last week and have been listening quietly to the
conversation about the convention I missed and its associated Concours
competition.

Based on what I've heard (read) in the last few days just about every one
who went to the convention had a good time and it didn't go as smoothly as
it might have.  I have been involved in many conventions over the last few
years for politics, business, and clubs of different sizes.  One thing is
always true, none are ever perfect.  Something gets missed, someone's
feelings get hurt, or someone feels left out.  That's life gang, lets
acknowledge that it was a good convention and those that attended had a good
time.

It might be worth while to make a list of the things that went wrong and
create a check list for the next convention.  I might even suggest that we
keep track of who complains the most and get them involved in planning or
operating the next convention.

Sorry for the intrusion,  Pax,

Luke