<VV> Hoosier Auto Show

corvair6t5 at aol.com corvair6t5 at aol.com
Tue Aug 8 15:04:19 EDT 2006

Hi all...

Mark your calendars for September 14-16, 2006 for the 40th Hoosier Auto Show & Swap Meet in Indianapolis. Once again, Circle City Corvairs is one of the sponsoring clubs. This is one of the bigger gatherings of Corvairs in the midwest, with upwards of 50 Corvairs usually entered in the show.

Circle City Corvairs plays host to the Corvair attendees. The fun begins at 4:30 Friday night, September 15 at the host hotel, the Super 8 at US 31 South and I-465 on Indianapolis' south side. (PLEASE NOTE: The Communique shows the hotel as a Quality Inn, but they are changing franchises. It'll be a Super 8 come September!) Circle City provides a big spread of food that'll keep you full the entire night...and it's all FREE! There will also be Valve Cover Races, a 50/50 raffle, some cash prizes, as well as socializing with your fellow Corvair owners. Room rates are $59 + tax per night.

Councours is Saturday morning, September 16, at the Marion County Fairgrounds Pre-registration is encouraged, but you can register from 7-9am Saturday morning. Judging begins at 10am sharp.

The awards banquet (Corvair only) will be Saturday night at 6pm at the MCL Cafeteria where we'll have a private room. Grand prize (so far!) is $100 cash, plus many, many door prizes to be raffled. Also, we're happy to announce noted Yenko historian Mark Gillespie will be guest speaker at the banquet. Mark will share stories from his days at Don Yenko Chevrolet and should have some copies of his new book "The Yenko Era" available for purchase.

To join in on this can't-miss weekend, please contact me at corvair6t5 at aol.com for registration info. Hope to see you there!

Pat Bremer
VP, Circle City Corvairs, Indianapolis