<VV> Corvair> local parts

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 8 16:55:46 EDT 2006

For Corvair Parts:

1.  Volume is low
2.  Quantity reproduced is low
3.  Some parts are unique or peculiar/special-like the early rear wheel
bearings
4.  Mark up is low

I recognize you can go buy eight Chevy V8 bearings for less than six Corvair
bearings. Even so, our mark up is low enough several firms got out of the
business years ago. It costs a LOT to make a run of bearings or whatever in
small (relatively speaking) quantities.  Big companies like Autobone and
Retard work on saving pennies, 'cause they really add up. If a part doesn't
make a specified margin (return), it gets cut. Finally, where is the reward
or benefit for serving the Corvair market. Very small, considered
inexpensive...etc. etc..

Support our Vendors...

Chuck S
BBRT