<VV> A/C Compressor ...

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Tue Aug 8 20:46:08 EDT 2006

Two things. First, A/C wasn't available on Corvairs after '67, and
second, the '67 compressor is unique to that year (at least among
Corvair compressors.) The '67 compressor is distinguished as the only
Corvair compressor with TWO pulley grooves (though earlier ones often
have a second groove, it's too shallow to be used for a belt.)

All '67's use the high-mount bracket set, though several of its pieces
are special to that year. The two-groove pulley required a different
compressor to mounting bracket spacing, and parts from the '66 140's
high-mount should not be intermixed.

All other applications from '62-6 use essentially the same compressor
and low-mount bracketry.

-Mark