<VV> Compliments on my Corvair

Mark Noakes mark at noakes.com
Tue Aug 8 21:35:18 EDT 2006

I had some excavation work done at the house today by a father/son team.  When I came by to pay them and since I was driving my truck, the back ends of my 86 Corvette convert and my 66 Corvair coupe were side by side in the garage with my Lotus (project car) in front of the vair.  "Wow!  Is that a Corvair?!"  They made a big fuss over the Corvair and hardly paid any attention to the other two cars.

Another day...a friend and fellow SCCA racer came through the neighborhood on his way to visit his stepson...the garage doors were open again...his comment...had to be my house because of the Corvette and the Corvair...the combination has become my landmark.

Mark Noakes

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is usually a difference."--Anonymous

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
-- Mark Twain.