<VV> Young Owner

Eric Prosise eprosise at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 23:13:05 EDT 2006

I would like to start by saying that I am 25 (almost 26), so I think I may
qualify as a "young" 'vair owner.  My first car when I was 16 was a 66
coupe, and since I have had 2 more 66's, a '64 'Brier, a '63 Coupe, and a
Monza Jr. Go kart.  Basically, since I was born I have been around Corvairs,
and the LaSalle Peru, IL (1984ish) Mini Convention was my first Convention,
been to quite a few since then too.  I have been a Corsa Member and Iowa
Corvair Member since turning 16, and a Corvair Minnesota Member since I
moved up here to the great white north.

I guess what I am trying to say is, as I see it, is that the only way to
spread the gospel of Corvairs is to get them on the road.  Take them out of
the garage, trailer, barn, shed, basement, wherever, and drive them!  Go to
cruise nights, and shows, drive it to the hardware store, or anywhere else.
If people ask, share stories.  You would not believe the amount of people,
young and old who talk to me about my current '66 beater I drive around
town, and its UGLY.  Most people are amazed that I know anything about them
at all, let alone all the facts that have been packed into my head my whole
life.

So, thats my 2 cents, I guess I better get back to the garage...I am
preparing the car for FIRE AND ICE on Sept. 2.

Eric
ICE, CMI
'66 and '63 Monzas, Rupp Monza Jr.