<VV> Young Owner

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Aug 9 23:41:07 EDT 2006

Eric,
Sounds like you're well grounded in the Corvair world... thanks for  sticking
with it... I know a lot of people who get into something and then the  first
thing that goes bad they condemn the car... I bought my first Corvair in  1990
when I was 23... I had been married for one year, and had a baby girl just  a
few weeks old... my 73 VW Beetle had been hit on the side of the road, and
when I started looking for a replacement car I couldn't find a VW for under
$1500... but I found a 66 Monza for $600... brought my second daughter home from
 the hospital in that car just 2 years later... I didn't join CORSA until
about  94 or 95, but I DID join the local club once I found out about them... I
did  learn a lot from those guys, but then work schedules and such kept me from
the  meetings... In the last 16 years I've not once been without a Corvair,
and times  have been both good and bad, fat and lean...
This Saturday Cheryl and I celebrate our 17 wedding anniversary... she's  put
up nicely with my Corvair antics, and has even had some of her poetry and
writings published in the Communique back in the mid and late 1990s. My daughter
 Sarah (the before mentioned "baby girl") will be old enough to drive by this
 time next week, but she really hasn't shown much interest in it just yet...
we  shall see...
I have several of the kids at Church interested in the Corvair, but I think
it's more of an "oddity" or "cool old car" instead of something fun to
drive...  but I'm working on it... I just wish some of the local cars for sale
weren't  priced so high for what they'd be getting... $3500 for a $1500 car just
doesn't  seem right to me...
Oh well, all I can do is teach and preach... the faithful will  follow.
;-)
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg