<VV> Young Owners

David Fasgold dfasgold at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 01:03:57 EDT 2006

Expanding on what Ned mentioned about our young club member, Alex--It's  really cool that he and his grandfather have this common interest that  gives them a chance to hang out a lot. This is a very positive thing. I  just turned 35, but I was about 22 when I got my first Corvair. Because  of the Corvair, and involvement with several clubs, I have had many  friends of all ages--many in their 70s and 80s, and many who are now  gone.

  Regarding the earlier "electric fan" email, it's a shame when someone  gets so turned off by other people that they sell their car--but on the  other hand, a true Corvair enthusiast wouldn't get out of the hobby  based on experience like the one described in that email. I've gotten  burned out before, but never because I was mad at other owners--and I  never considered selling every Corvair I owned. I hope they reconsider.
  David