<VV> dropping gas tank.

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Thu Aug 10 08:09:21 EDT 2006

I have my tank drained and ready to remove. I've removed 4 bolts. 2 at
each end of stabilizer bar. It is still suspended by 2 bolts above it.
I'm able to rotate the bar forward and up slightly, but it doesn't
appear to clear the tank. My question is, is the stabilizer bar supposed
to completely clear the tank in order to get it out? I can't seem to
move the bar any further without it hitting the coil springs. I'm
assuming (and hoping) that I don't have to completely remove the s bar
from the car, rather swing it out of the way.
Thanks,
Paul Abel
65 Monza sedan 110pg.