<VV> dropping gas tank.

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Thu Aug 10 08:22:32 EDT 2006

Paul, I think you have to remove the stabilizer bar.  The shop manual says
"drop" the stabilizer bar.  When I pulled my tank, I read that as remove.
If you think this is fun, wait until you try to put the tank back in with
the filler neck attached.  Hint: the shop manual tells you to have the hose
clamped that attaches the filler neck, but I found it easier to leave those
clamps loose until the tank was in place.

I had to use every inch of space to get it in and out and I don't think it
would have been possible with the bar still in place.  It's not that big a
deal to pull the bar, but you will probably want to get new bolts and
bushings while you're at it.  If the bar hasn't been off before, odds are
the bolts will break when you try to remove them.  Makes pulling the bar go
faster. :)

Norm Witte