<VV> Engineering marvels

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Thu Aug 10 17:04:01 EDT 2006

All this talk about engineering cool things for Corvairs - - electric fans,
Subaru engine mounts, and the like - -is interesting but the one thing I
would really like for my cars more than a blow through turbo or some other
cool thing is a five speed transmission.  The single biggest shortcoming
these cars have to me is that at highway speeds they are turning waaaaay too
fast for engine wear, fuel economy or pleasant driving.  I know that there
was a kit for a while and I know that this is a real challenge, but if I
could ask for anything from you engineering geniuses, that would be it.  My
Firebird has a six speed and I can't tell you how many times I have reached
for an extra cog in the Vair, and it's just not there.

Sigh.

Norm Witte