<VV> Rampside towing capacity

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Aug 12 23:46:28 EDT 2006

Hi Norm,
   The book "Corvair SAE Papers" says 1,900 lbs. payload but, I load mine (62, 110, 4sp.,) with no more than 1,500 lbs. on trips up to 200 miles. She is my very reliable "work horse". As for towing, I've towed my 67 coupe once on a 220 miles trip easily. The ramp allows me to load an 850 lbs.trencher on the truck very easily, instead of using a separate trailer like on all other truks. I love driving it and surprising people while loading or unloading the trencher. Could write some more about my customized Rampy but... think I answered your questions.

   Daniel Monasterio

---I know that Rampsides can haul a lot more than you would expect for a small truck, but does anyone know what the towing capacity is?  Just curious, since I don't own one, but wish I did.---