<VV> To rebuild or not rebuild, that is the question

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Mon Aug 14 17:57:53 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/14/2006 2:37:04 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
dfasgold at yahoo.com writes:

What  would you do? Remember, you have very little to  spend:

David,
is this engine in or out of the car? Are you talking about one engine or  two
here? Or am I to assume no engine in the car and this one out of the  car?

How much time are you willing to devote here and on what schedule?

With little money, I'd get it running and see how it performs.

Otherwise, I'd swap out the cam and install a new set of rings. Even if the
rings you have don't fit, purchase a set of cheepie CI rings as long as you
have  it torn down to replace the cam. All bearings are probably good and can be
 reused.

Problem areas are:
cam......replace
cylinders....clean up. With CI rings, you shouldn't have to hone, but it's  a
good idea,
rings......replace
Reseal

Regards,