<VV> drive wheels

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Tue Aug 15 13:42:26 EDT 2006

I actually "proposed" that layout only so that everyone would get a
different perspective on the situation. Such a layout would take the
engine weight off the front drive wheels, and reveal pure FWD's true
liabilities.

The auto industry started out making "conventional" front engine rear
drive cars back at the turn of the 20th century, simply because it was
the easiest way to build cars. More complicated drive arrangements were
phased out due, if anything, to cost consideration. It's only when cars
(and the technology) became better and more sophisticated were more
complex drive arrangements (like front drive) again considered.

-Mark