<VV> Bordering Comical...(No Corvair)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Aug 14 22:39:08 EDT 2006

> The thing everyone is forgetting is that chevy put the spoiler on to  hide
> the front suspension after the feds changed the head light height law in  1964.
> GM was given a one year break as the 65 vair was already designed. In  66 they
> raised the front about 2 inches if I remember right and Chevy added the
> spoiler to hide the front end any aero benefit from this was just pure  luck.
> rich

I can see the undercarriage pretty clearly on my '65.  I really don't think they raised  the car 2" though.  I thought the difference only came from the tire size change which is only like 1/2".  I'm not saying GM didn't put the spoiler there to hide the bits, that could very well be why, it's just I I'm not sure it was directly due to the ride height change.

mike