<VV> Dating a tire

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Aug 15 16:57:52 EDT 2006

>There is a code stamped on the tire for dating. I have it somewhere but I'm
>sure someone can tell us what it is.

On the side of the tire that dealers usually turn in there is a three or
four digit number that will look different from the rest of the markings,
either three individual digits next to each other or all are set in an
oval. The first two are the week and last is the last digit of the year
through 1999. 2000 and later have four digits, two of the week and two of
the year. I have seen some preceded by letters but the sequence is
obviously different from the rest of the markings.

Padgett