<VV> removing sending unit.

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Wed Aug 16 12:48:10 EDT 2006

I am sure what I did was dead wrong, but it worked.

Used the hammer and blunt screw driver method to gently move the retaining
ring (used a square head driver like for a small socket set).  Work the
tabs 1 at a time.

To clean it out I made a large qtip with old socks and a wire hanger.  Once
I thought it was sufficiently clean I checked the best I could with my
hand.  Then as a final step (the one I am sure I violated some rule
with).  I ran fresh water threw (about 20 gallons).  Collecting the water I
could see the excess crap that washed out.

Cleaned/dried 1 more time with more socks.

Ran a muffin fan (old pc powersupply fan), for a couple days to let it dry
out.  Refilled with a tank of premium and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.

While I let it dry out I also replaced the fuel lines, inline  filter, and
carb filters.