<VV> The President Visits HD - No Corvair

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 23:14:29 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/16/2006 9:38:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
corvair2 at earthlink.net writes:

I have  never met GW and was sorry that I did not have a chance to shake his
hand.

It will be neat to meet the people and ask what it was like to  have him
visit their work place.

With 300 million Americans, how many  actually have the opportunity to meet
the Commander and  Chief?

Garth,

I got to meet two Presidents and even a British PM. All of this when I
worked on the B-2 at Edwards AFB. First Ronald Regan came for a visit after he  was
out of office. He was shorter than I thought he would be. Actually talked to
him. Daddy Bush also stopped by to check up on us. Margaret Thatcher stopped
by,  also after she was out of office. We put on a "show" for all of them by
playing  a data tape through the control room while we "intently" monitored our
screens.  Ron stopped at my station and asked about the info on my screen (of
course I had  one of the best designed screens :^) ). Before we were told not
to speak unless  spoken to and to keep replies short and to minimize "tech
speak."

Ned