<VV> LED 3rd Brake Light

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 22:09:39 EDT 2006

With all this talk about LED brake lights, thought I'd share what has  worked
fantastic on my wife's Greenbrier (placed on roof at rear); and my 67  coupe,
outside, just below rear window:

LED 40:
_http://www.atcomp.com/php/product.php?type_id=4&prod_cat=20&prod_id=48_
(http://www.atcomp.com/php/product.php?type_id=4&prod_cat=20&prod_id=48)

Use with the coordinating solid state relay... "Stop Logic" AT LC 1:

_http://www.atcomp.com/php/protypecat.php?type_id=4&prod_cat=23_
(http://www.atcomp.com/php/protypecat.php?type_id=4&prod_cat=23)

And use a 12-Volt slave relay (Bosh makes a good one with socket &  pigtails)
to provide full voltage to the LED 40. Wire the brake light  output from the
Stop Logic to fire the control coil of the slave relay (the  other side of
coil goes to ground). Feed the power circuit of the relay directly  from the
positive of the battery, through a fuse or fusible link, to the relay,  and out to
the LED 40.

I'm tellin ya, this looks OEM, and lights up as well as any new vehicle 3rd
brake light...BETTER than any incandescent 3rd brake light.

Mike Mauro
Corvairs since God was a little  boy