<VV> 102 heads on a late motor.......

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 17:59:01 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/18/2006 2:52:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kellyjre at aol.com writes:

I have a  66 110, needs a set of heads.... I have a very nice set of 63 102
heads. all  ready to go. I know the two do not go together, but the 110 has a
set of  cylinders on it that appear to have been sleeved on the end that fits
in the  head ( I think G.M. did this to to some replacement cylinders, to use
up left  over 64 cylinders ? ) I have done some measuring , it looks like if I
remove  the sleeves, this combo will work.
Will this work? if it will, what are the  pro's and con's of this  ultra
parts marrige?

Ed  Kelly

They will probably fit on. The 102 Head, on a late 164" motor will  give you
a higher compression ratio that your 110. I believe the chamber size on  the
102 was smaller. The 110 motor was notorious for ping under load. Let's  just
say it was sensitive! Has anybody on VV had a problem with a high  displacement
102 headed motor? - Seth