<VV> Removing the lock cylinder....

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 03:08:48 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/18/2006 3:58:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sheridanma at adelphia.net writes:

My  question is, how did you get the switch out with the lock still in it? On

my '66 the lock has to be out before the bezel that holds the switch in  will
come off.

Marc Sheridan

Not a problem on the 65s - The ring will come off over the lock cylinder.
This, of course, allows you to remove the ring, push the locked switch assembly
through the dash, drop it out the bottom and use your own switch to start and
 run the car. --- Which is likely why the 66-up retains the switch in the
dash -  unless you can unlock and remove the cylinder first! - You can still pull
 the harness termination plug off the switch and add your own. Even in a  66.

Shhh! - Don't tell anybody!  - Seth Emerson