<VV> Mud Dawbers?

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sat Aug 19 08:43:26 EDT 2006

Public enemy #1 in many parts of the southeast.  It is actually in the
family with wasps and/or hornets.  (can't remember)  They make nests from
mud, ranging in size from a golf ball up to about the size of a tennis ball,
and they always put them in hidden out of the way areas, like for example
inside the air cleaner of your car, or just inside the air horn of the
carburetor.  Most often they are found in the eves of houses, or in crawl
spaces under the house.  Really, any shady out of the way place suits them.

I doubt there is a Corvair connection, but I've been known to wrong before.
(once, I think)

Cliff Tibbitts