<VV> Re: Corvair-powered Train

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sat Aug 19 07:33:57 EDT 2006

VVers:

>>Don't know that, but there is (at least was a few yrs ago) one at a Xmas
>>tree farm near Oregon, IL
>>

>Also was one in Old Poway...near San Diego

A subject near and dear to my heart.  The link for the Poway trolley has
fallen apart.  The info used to be at:

    http://www.powaymidlandrr.org/equipmen.htm#trolley

Fortunately, I kept a photo of it at:

    http://www.serenska.com/IdealGarage/assets/images/LargeImages/TrolleyLarge.jpg

Anyone (ok, both of you) truly interested in the intersection of trains
and Corvairs might want to see:

    http://www.serenska.com/IdealGarage/html/ideal_cross-pollinization.cfm

There is (was) also this Corvair-powered monorail in Tampa:

    http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/BuschT.html

Finally, as long as we're clicking links, I came across this LM "El
Camino" not too long ago and thought I'd share.

    http://www.jalopnik.com/images/2006/06/corvairamino_bw.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

Steven "Lance Link, Secret Chimp" Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4