<VV> Underrated Corvair is a Sleeper: .

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 11:30:50 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/20/2006 1:20:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

Sorry,  but I like "sleepers," cars that are much more than they appear to
be.  That is a Corvair, not a Corvette.

I'm with you pal.  Cars that are more than  they appear to be are the ones I
like.  Reminds me of the time long ago  with my wife Milly driving her Corvair
on a frequently curving back road when up  behind us comes a mightily powered
and much modified muscle car huffing and  puffing to get around us in the
straight-away sections of the road.  But  the curved sections came up too quickly
and Milly always left him way behind  every time we came to a curve.  On the
next straight he'd be right on our  tail again but again falling way behind on
the next curve as he couldn't corner  nearly as fast as she could in her
mostly stock 1965 Monza  convertible.
    Milly really appreciated the way the Corvair  handled especially in the
winter.  She delighted in pulling around  Mustangs and passing them as they
struggled spinning rear tires trying to get up  small inclines in the snowy/icy
roads in the NJ winter.  And she always  waved to them as she passed them.  (Of
course, she did have studded snow  tires on the back of her Corvair.)<GGGG>
    Frank "long memory" Burkhard