Fwd: <VV> WANTED: 1964 TURBO SPYDER CONVERTIBLE

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 12:22:57 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/20/2006 12:04:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mryahoo at bellsouth.net writes:

> It is
> my understanding there was a lot of suspension changes made in 1964 that
> were a direct response to Nader's crusade against the Corvair.

GM was reacting to feedback from their own engineers, the car clubs, car
magazines, early lawsuits, industry badmouthing and the press.  Nader didn't
really get publicity until his book was published in the fall of 1965--the
beginning of the '66 model year--and later after GM made a ham-handed attempt to
disgrace him.  Nader's lawsuit winnings against GM for their mudslinging campaign
are what financed his various public interest groups and gave people like Joan
Claybrook their careers.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier