<VV> Re: PG RAMPY POWER QUEST 110hp/140hp torque the same

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 22 08:42:11 EDT 2006

Hi Bob,

Actually, you're right about that now that I think about it a little
more....but still, isn't the net effect of the 95HP cam coupled with the 4
degree retard crankgear an attempt to broaden the torque curve and lower it
compared to the standard 140HP? The max torque for the 140HP and the 110HP
is still the same, just at different RPMs, increasing RPMs increases HP not
Torque.  There are only three ways I know of to increase torque:

1) Increase displacement
2) Nitrous
3) Turbo/supercharging

All of which mean pumping more air/fuel at a given rpm.

BTW  Does anyone have a torque/hp plot available for the 140HP PG engine?